A downloadable game for Windows
A very small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images, including flashing lights or patterns that may appear in some video games, even people who have no history of seizures or epilepsy. These seizures have a variety of symptoms, including lightheadedness, altered vision, disorientation, loss of awareness, involuntary movements, loss of consciousness, or convulsions. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop gaming immediately and consult your doctor.
DOGGOBRICK is a game about helping your little doggo from being destroyed by some terrible bricks!
Can you beat your own highscores? ;)
The game is my firts game, I'm actually open to feedback and improvements, like difficulties, new maps, Doggos, control support or even Android/Mac/iOS ports. Help me making this game better with your opinion, ideas and feedback!
FUTURE UPDATE PLANS:
- 20-30 Doggo's.
- Highscore/Unlockeables Screen.
-IN-GAME: Arrow Keys ↑↓→← - WASD.
-ESCAPE: Going back to the previous screen - Close the game (Start screen only).
-NUMBERS 1-2-3: Switch resolution (everywhere).
-C: Open Lootboxes (Selection Menu).
-M: Mute Music (everywhere).
-N: Mute Sounds (everywhere).
-Z: Options (Start screen only).
- Gamepad Support - The game now supports Gamepad. You should try it out!
- Game bright has been reduced.
- Three new DOGGO's has been added to the game.
- Some small details in the intro screen.
- Some new graphics in the post-game screen.
- Added some backgrounds and clouds rework.
- Everytime you press a Key correctly, now your DOGGO will jump.
- Start Screen reworked - You can now press Z to go to the options menu or escape to close the game. There is now a verification asking if you want to close the game. If shows all the Doggo's now. If they are not unlocked, it only will show a black silhouette.
- Options Menu - You can mute the music or sound FX, change the resolution, look at the controls, watch the credits or delete your data. If you want to delete your data, there is a verification message asking if you really want to do it.
- Selection screen now has a different background. Cursor sprite is less blurry.
- Hard Difficulty: - Speed and spawn rate of bricks in hard difficulty has been reduced a little bit.
- Gameplay: - Camera shake has been improved and should be a little bit more softer. Red effect after being hit has been smoothed.
- Some recolors in some backgrounds and effects. Some shadows has been added in some objects.
- New Feature: Mute Music - You can now Mute the music Pressing M (You can do this everywhere).
- New Feature: Loot Boxes - Now there is a chance to spawn a Loot Box Brick instead of a normal Brick. This brick can be destroyed by pressing any W-A-S-D key or directional arrow key ↑↓→←. Different difficulties increase the spawn rate of the loot boxes.
- Loot Boxes have different playable Doggo's. Every Doggo is just cosmetic at this moment. You can get duplicates in Loot Boxes. For now, getting a duplicate doesn't do anything, but I'm looking forward to implement a coin system to get stuff.
- 2 New Playable Characters. You can get them using Loot Boxes.
- Players have a x1 Loot Box after downloading the game for first time. (Available only with this patch).
- There is a new menu after selecting your difficulty. You can choose your Doggo in this screen with the W-A-S-D keys or the directional keys ↑↓→←.
- You can open Loot Boxes pressing "C" in the Selection Screen (Difficulty or Character).
- Minor Logo and Text Improvements.
- Added WASD support. This means you can now use the W-A-S-D keys to destroy bricks or move in the menu (you can also use your arrow keys ↑↓→← or both at the same time).
- Added a new text after losing, notifying if the player got a new highscore.
- Fixed a bug that was crashing the game after scoring 50 points.
- Fixed a typo in the Difficulty Selection Screen (The correct difficulty is "NORMAL", not "MEDIUM").
- Now the default difficulty is "NORMAL" instead of "EASY".
- Now the game has 3 different difficulties. Easy, Normal and Hard. Every difficulty has a different high score. Previous high scores ARE GONE after this update. (Sorry for that, I'm not the best programmer around here *sad face*).
- There is a new screen to choose the difficulty.
- Now you are able to switch the resolution everywhere (Not just in the start screen).
- Added the name of many Game Developers who helped with INSANE game maker tutorials in the README.txt FILE (Making this game possible!).
- Now the screen turns red after being hit or missing.
- Now your Doggo turns red after missing (Bugfix).
- Added some elements to the background.
- Stars particles now move and tilt a little bit to the right and left.
- Bricks now fall slower, but the rate of occurrence has been increased.
- Bullet-time after being hit or missing has been increased to give a better frame of time to react.
Our main soundtrack!
Wagon Wheel - Electronic Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
FONT USED: Roboto
Download & Play. No need to install. It's portable. Anti-virus software like Avast can cause problems to start the game (You can avoid this turning off your antivirus software).
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.